Women For Water And Sanitation Uganda grace water meeting
The Professional Women for Water and Sanitation Network Uganda graced the 79th African Water Association Scientific Council Meeting.
This team of professionals is aspiring to be a leading transformational network that empowers women in water and sanitation. This milestone will be achieved through supporting, inspiring and encouraging professional and career development of women while strengthening community outreach regarding water and sanitation activities.
• To promote knowledge and experience sharing, skills development and coaching of women in various aspects related to water and sanitation.
• To provide a platform of mentorship for the young water professionals and girls in Schools and Water Sanitation Clubs (SWAS Clubs)
• To promote and contribute to national and international initiatives of water and sanitation on matters of mutual interest and enhance collaboration and networking among members.
• To raise the profile of women in the management of water and sanitation.
• To contribute to meaningful shifts in policy.
The team under the leadership of its patron Dr. Rose Kagwa will Clean up the Women Ward in Kawempe Hospital on 4th August 2018. This activity will involve giving back to the community and sensitization of members. A water meter dedicated to the community will be commissioned and a handout item will be given to each member.