Voting of NRM flag bearers set for 15th August
Hon Peace Regis Mutuuzo was yesterday Tuesday nominated as an aspiring candidate in the NRM elections for Woman MP Bunyangabu district. The elections are scheduled for 15/ 8/2017.
She holds a Master Degree in Public Administration and Management from UMI as well as degree in Environment and Forestry from MUK, diploma in education and various certificates in legal and leadership.
She is currently the Minister of State for Gender and Culture.
Previously she is a former Vice Chairperson UNSA, Guild President National Teacher Colleague Kakoba and Patron for a number of associations
Training of women and youth in income generating activities such as agriculture, crafts, bee hives, soap making, cooking using solar stoves, jelly
Free seedlings for coffee to various farmers
Lobbying for the extension of water in various villages
Lobbied the making of 10 Bridges to link Up various villages
Encouraging youth in education through the bursary scheme
Distribution of free wheel chairs for the disabled
Recommend a number of our youth to join Police
What she intends to achieve as Woman MP
- Lobby for improved road network
- Provision of safe driving water to all the villages within the district
3 extension of electricity to all the key trading centers
4 Ensure security of people and properly through dialogue and upholding the rule of law
5 Supervise and cab against poorly constructed of Contractors of various Government programs such as schools hospitals
- Advocate for more Government schools in every Sub county fully equipped to match the demands of the current century
- Lobby for more healthy Centres and a standard hospital in the new district in cooperation with the Chinese government
- Ensure that veterans are paid their benefits without any further days.
9 introduce investors in Bunyangabu especially in areas of Agri business thereby providing more employment opportunities
9 Search and connect farmers to better markets their promoting value addition on their produced
- Conducting exchange programs for farmers to learn from others on the best practiced such as bottle irrigation and mulching
- Encourage and promote sports and drama through various clubs and schools
- Lobby for funding for women and youth groups
- Lobby free fertilizers from the new factory being constructed by the Chinese government in Tororo
- Create unity and togetherness in the various groups
- Supporting the various places of worship through building of churches, Mosques as well as introducing sustainability projects.