Stella Nankya is a Ugandan born Businesswoman, Fashion designer and Model. She has found much success as a CEO and founder of Starqt fashion house with head quarters in Johannesburg, South Africa.Stella Nankya posing on her BMW X6
Nankya was born in 1988 at Rubaga hospital and raised in Nsambya estates in Kampala Uganda. She is the youngest of seven children born to Betty Nsubuga, a Nurse, and the late Angelo Nsubuga who worked for American Insurance in Uganda. As a child, she grew up watching her mum tailoring their clothes, which prompted her interest in designing and sewing clothes.
Stella Nankya went to Tank Hill Nursery School, Kisubi Girls Primary school, she had her share in a couple of secondary schools which included; St. Noah Girls, Summit College, Ntinda View College, Taibah High and Green Hill Academy all in Kampala, Uganda. With her business skills, Stella opened a beauty parlour saloon at Mukwano Arcade before leaving for South Africa where she studied fashion designing at SewAfrica College at the fashion district in Johannesburg.Stella Nankya’s caps
Qt was launched in Johannesburg in 2008 with a range of branded gear that included Caps, winter bunnies, Jackets, T-shirts, Bags and Tank tops.
Stella’s Starqt is a certified company under the cipro laws in South Africa. Starqt fashion house has ventured into
*Starqt beverages ie water & juice.
*Starqt life style & fashion magazine.
*Printery & Embriodery services for daily clientele.
*Tailoring services to clients with custom visions such as corporate uniforms, Bridal wear, Matric dresses, graduation Attires extras.
Stella Nankya was the first woman to represent Uganda at Miss Asia Pacific World Pageant an international beauty contest held last year in South Korea.
Stella Nankya advanced her starqt label to an entire clothing line.
She launched STARQT clothing in Uganda in 2010.
She was awarded best new label 2010 at the Afrikan Fashion awards in Uganda. She was also awarded best fashion at Miss Asia Pacific World Super talent Endeavour 2013 in Korea.
Stella Nankya is the founder and annually host of Miss Uganda South Africa and Miss East Africa South Africa.
Starqt Fashion Shows
– Hip hop wear showcase in Kensington, November 2009
– Starqt fashion night at Club Silk Uganda
– Starqt splash launch at Golf course hotel, Kampala, Uganda in August 2010
-Starqt christmas range lingerie show case at Afrikan award night, December 2010
– Starqt shoponline fashion showcase at Grand imperial hotel, Kampala Uganda, April 2011.
– Starqt purple showcase at steak out in Kampala, Uganda
– Starqt Ugandan flag range at City hall in Pretoria, South Africa, June 2012.
– Starqt feather qouture show case during Miss Uganda SA pageant.
– Starqt Qouture showcase at the legislature building in Johannesburg, South Africa 2013.
– Starqt Qocktail dresses showcase MAPW super talent endeavour in Seoul, Korea, October 2013.
Stella Nankya is now the franchise holder of Miss Asia Pacific world in Uganda. As a national director, she is annually responsible for selecting the qualified contestants to represent Uganda at the world pageant.